Welcome to Be One Yoga
We can’t wait to meet you! Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- No preregistration is required to attend hot or warm classes but please do arrive 15-20 minutes early for your first class, allowing time for paperwork, set up and to ask any questions you might have.
- Come to class well hydrated! Drink plenty of water throughout the day both before and again after class. Hydration is very important to your hot yoga success.
- Avoid eating about 2-3 hours before your classes.
- Studio A is zonally heated (95°-110°). Be prepared to SWEAT. It is common for newer students to occasionally experience a light headed, dizzy and/or nauseous feeling during their first few classes. If you experience any of these feelings, we suggest taking a break by sitting/lying down on your mat. The sooner you rest, the faster you will recover.
- A yoga mat is required for class. Mats are available for purchase or rental in studio. You will also need a large towel to cover your mat and possibly a second towel for drying off/cleaning up.
- We ask that you stay in the room during class. Coming late and leaving during class is distracting to others. If an emergency requires you to leave, please exit quietly.
- We suggest wearing comfortable workout clothing. Breathable/stretchable fabrics are optimal. Cotton tends to become heavy and can be somewhat bothersome when wet.
- Please leave your keys, cell phone and personal belongings in the changing rooms.
- Yoga is safe to do every day. If you are practicing hot yoga daily please remember to hydrate properly. The benefits you’ll experience depend on the consistency of your practice.
- It can take several classes to acclimate to the heat. Take advantage of our Intro Offer and you’ll receive a full month of unlimited yoga, so there’s no rush. Take it easy, rest when needed but don’t give up. Yoga is a process with tremendous reward.
Here are a few things to remember to ensure an enjoyable experience for yourself and your fellow yogis:
- Show up on time: Try to aim for coming at least 5-10 minutes early to set up for class. If you arrive late you may not be allowed to enter. Late arrivals are disrupting to the rest of the class.
- Tranquil Environment: Please be mindful of your neighbors. We ask you to unroll your mat quietly rather than “snapping” your mat onto the floor. Avoid loud conversation prior to class. Yoga classes are silent moving meditations. Please refrain from talking during class as well as final savasana. Teachers are available for questions before and after class.
- Remove Your Shoes: Please no entry into the practice room with shoes on. There are cubbies available to store your belongings.
- Silence Your Cell Phones: Cell phones should be stored with your belongings and put on mute or off. No cell phones are allowed in the practice room.
- Personal Belongings: Please leave all personal items such as keys, cell phones, purses and bags in locker/cubby areas.
- Hygiene: For comfort of those around you, please arrive to class clean and free from heavy smells/perfume. Most classes involve deep breath work which can be difficult for those with sensitivities or allergies.
- Leaving Class: Please do your best to stay throughout the entire class. Take breaks when you need to. If you do need to leave, please do so quietly remaining outside until the class ends. Class ends with “Namaste.” This means, “The light in me acknowledges and honors the light in you.”